There is no pre-determined theme or agenda for selection. The Book Connection seeks to engage the community in discussions that address a variety of themes and issues over several years. The Book Connection Steering Committee will review and evaluate all suggestions and make a final decision based upon the degree to which the proposed book meets the goals and criteria:
- Connect our community through shared learning experiences that promote productive dialogue, critical thinking, and intellectual enrichment.
- Foster greater understanding and appreciation of diverse perspectives and worldviews.
- Engage students in interdisciplinary experiences that express the core values and benefits of general education.
- Enhance our community partnerships.
- The style of the book should be accessible and engaging to an interdisciplinary audience of adult readers.
- The form of the book may be fiction or non-fiction.
- The content of the book should suggest possibilities for lively discussion from a variety of disciplinary perspectives.